Royal Delicious Apple Halwa
Royal Delicious Apple Halwa in an Indian dessert made with grated apples, sugar and ghee!
It’s also good to build immunity in changing weather conditions.
- 4 apples large [around 1.5 cups grated apples]
- 3 tablespoons ghee clarified butter
- 0.5 cup + 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 0.5 + ? teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 0.5 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 0.25 teaspoon nutmeg powder
- sliced almonds to garnish
- Wash the naturally ripened royal delicious apples and peel them.
- Cut into slices and run them into a food processor till the apples are well grind.
- In a pan heat ghee on medium heat. Once hot, add the apples.
- Cook the apples till all the water is evaporated, this took me around 7-8 minutes.
- Now add sugar and mix. Also add cinnamon powder, nutmeg and cardamom powder.
- As the sugar melts, the halwa will again become liquid.
- Cook for 5 minutes stirring continuously till all water evaporates.
- Garnish with sliced almonds and serve hot.