( Express )
+ 5% GST
Add to Shopping List
Barley Flakes are prepared when the grains are cleaned, washed and germinated and rolled into flakes. Soak in water, milk or juice for raw eating.
It has a slightly sweeter flavor and chewier texture. It is loaded full of fibre and essential vitamins to energize your morning.
Barley, organically grown in heights around 4000 meters in Spiti, (Barley is the staple diet of the strong Himalayan people of Tibet, Ladhak).
How To Cook
- Bring 3 cups of water to a boil.
- Add 1 cup Barley Flakes, cover, and cook on a medium flame for about 5 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and leave for 2 minutes, then serve with milk and honey.
- Enriched with fibre and protein
- Loaded with essential minerals including manganese, selenium, iron, vitamin B-6 etc
- Strengthens bones as it possesses phosphorus, calcium, copper
- Can be safely consumed by diabetic people as it has the lowest glycemic index of any grain (about 1/3 that of wheat)
Why Buy From Earthy Tales
- Premium Quality always ensured
- Made from 100% organic barley grain
- No preservatives
- Natural taste