This is a very healthy and high protein recipe and a good way to feed the kids oats. This is lipsmacking snack and has replaced the regular tikki.
- 1/2 cup yellow moong lentils/Dal
- 1 cup oats
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1tsp garlic
- 2 green chilles chopped
- 1 boiled potato
- 2 tsp chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tsp spring onion/ or any vegetable like carrot (optional)
- Dry spices as per taste- garam masala, coriander powder, amchur powder, red chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- Little oil for grilling
- Soak Dal for about 1 hours
- Cook the dal in one cup water in open pan till dal becomes soft. This step is critical that dal needs to be cooked and not watery.
- Let it cool and if required you can coarse grind it. I did not grind but mashed with hands.
- Oats can be ground or used as it is.
- Mix all the ingredients and shape in rounds
- Grill them on non stick pan with little or no oil
- You can serve with regular sauce, mint chuntey or add curd
Tip- In case you find oats making it dry, please add 1 -2 tbsp of curd.
Orignal Source :http://bakesngrub.com/
Deepti, A passionate baker, cook, successful HR professional and a busy mom. Baking and cooking have been her stress busters, trying to create happy moments with her family. Please look forward to her articles.