Royal Delicious apples from Unforgettable Himachal are one of the oldest and most well-known commercially grown fruit. They are sweet, juicy and crunchy, but have a very mild flavor. The skin is deep red with streaks of green. Its crispiness is what makes it more attractive and Royal.
Let’s find out some interesting nutritional facts which makes this apple Royal and Delicious:
- There are less than 100 calories in a medium-sized Organically Grown Royal Delicious Apple.
- These are free of fat, sodium, and cholesterol.
- medium-sized Pesticides Free Apple contains 4 grams of dietary fiber, which is 17% of the daily recommended value.
- Effective to aid weight loss.
- Gives 14% of your daily recommended value of vitamin C.
- Antioxidants and phytochemicals in apples have been linked to helping prevent a number of chronic diseases, including Alzheimer’s, lung cancer, heart disease, breast cancer, diabetes and more.
- Quercetin in the skin of a Pesticides Free Apple protects your brain cells.
- Organic Apples rank low on the Glycemic Index, which measures how rapidly carbohydrates in a food boost blood sugar.
- Good source of boron which protects bones.
The red color of Naturally Ripened Royal Delicious Apple makes it a high antioxidant apple, and a nutritious choice for:
- Chopped Salads
Some Tips: To store an entire box of apples, keep the box in a cool, dark place. Wrapping each apple in paper will provide additional protection and delay ripening. Loose apples will last 6-8 weeks if refrigerated.