Black RiceRs. 140.00 + 5% GST
Join ET Circle to Save More
Black rice is a rice variant of the Oryza sativa L. species. It is also known as emperor’s rice and purple rice. The dark colour of the rice is because of anthocyanin, a water-soluble colour pigment that is rich in antioxidant content.
Black rice is chewy in texture with a mildly fruity-nutty flavour. It is a part of many cuisines around the world and especially consumed in Asian culture.
Black Rice has several nutritional benefits which include
- High antioxidant content: Antioxidants in black rice protect against the free radicals and reduce the incidences of several chronic conditions including Alzheimer’s disease, certain cancers and heart diseases. Research also shows that black rice has the highest antioxidant rich food in India compared to other rice varieties.
- Phytonutrient: Black rice contains phytonutrients that allow the body to get rid of toxins. It especially helps the liver to detox itself by eliminating unwanted content.
- Fibrous: The rich fibre content of black rice helps in regulating bowel movements, control diarrhea and also prevent constipation. Fibre present in black rice binds the toxins and waste of the digestive tract together so that it is easily flushed out of the body. Black rice also leaves you completely satiated thus fighting the fried food cravings.
- Antidiabetic: One of the famous properties of black rice is its antidiabetic potential. The fibre in black rice helps the body to slowly absorb the glucose over a long duration of time thus maintaining healthy sugar levels. It is even more beneficial if black rice is consumed with its ‘bran’ as this part contains most of the fibre content.
- Excellent source for Iron: Black rice contains good iron content and hence helps in effectively transporting oxygen throughout the body.
Why Buy From Earthy Tales
- 100% Organic
- No pesticides and chemicals during harvesting
- Authentic Taste and highly nutritious
- 24/7 Delivery
If you are searching to buy black rice online, now is the right time.