MishriRs. 75.00 + 5% GST
Ingredients - Organic Desi Khand
Preparation - The traditional and simple method of crystallization is used in making these sweet & unrefined sugar crystals. First, good quality sugarcanes are handpicked and their juice is extracted by crushing them. Further, the extracted juice naturally rich in sucrose is heated to a certain temperature and then poured on threads hanging in drums where they are allowed to dry and cool down for some time. Finally, as the concentrated sugar solution cools down around the thread hanging in drums, they form sugar crystals known as Dhaga Mishri or Dhage wali Mishri.
Mishri vs Sugar - A major difference can be noticed in the taste of Mishri compared to refined or ordinary sugar. Mishri, being unrefined has a more natural, balanced & satisfying taste when compared to sugar. Another difference is that unlike sugar, pure Mishri is not chemically processed and this can be seen from its light yellow or grey colour. It has an almost neutral pH value. On the other hand, sugar can become unhealthy for us due to the further processing. This is done to get those perfect white crystals which are appealing to our eyes but are actually harmful for us.
The traditional method of making Mishri gives it its medicinal value. According to Ayurveda these tiny sugar crystals come with a host of health benefits -
1. Being a natural coolant, it can be used to bring the body temperature down during fever. It also decreases burning sensation which might help in balancing the acid levels of stomach.
2. A cough, cold and sore throat are common problems, especially in winter. Rock sugar might help in easing these conditions. Take half teaspoon of Mishri and Black Pepper, crush it into a powder and consume it at night to heal a sore throat. A powder of Mishri and Black Pepper with lukewarm water helps with the cough and cold.
3. Mishri may act as an instant source of energy that can refresh your dull mood and boosts your energy. It may have a calming effect on the mind and body by alleviating stress.
4. Mishri can become your preferred choice of sugar as it is healthy and unrefined when compared to normal table sugar. It has a unique taste that goes well with all the traditional sweets, even chocolates and other confectionaries.
5. Rock Sugar is one of the common ingredients we munch on after a scrumptious meal along with fennel to promote digestion. It also serves as an amazing mouth freshener.